After a wonderful Christmas with my family (ies), it's already New Year's Eve Eve! Our Christmas consisted of lots of yummy food, quality time with both families, a very noisy dog, Beatles Rockband, and absolutely no photos of the two of us. Oh, and a new pair of Tory Burch Revas, so I can rest my poor other pair for a bit (THANK YOU ALL-KNOWING HUSBAND!!!).
1. My dad and I (both sans-makeup)
2. I actually added ribbon to my presents this year - so proud of me
3. My parent's dog Diesel in his finest Christmas attire
4. Eleanor admiring my new shoes
Mr. Bee and I are both a bit under the weather and it's looking like we're having a quiet night in tomorrow. I don't have a list of New Year's Resolutions, but more of aspirations. I guess that way if I don't live up to them I'm not as much of a failure.
KatherineBee's New Year's Aspirations for 2010:
1. Have patience (this is going to be a struggle...)
2. Do my best to take care of myself and stay healthy
3. Cook at least 3x a week - Real cooking and not pasta in a bag
4. Read more. I love reading and I always forget I do. Here's my current Amazon shopping cart - I'd love any suggestions!!
Have a Little Faith - Mitch Albom
The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance - Elna Baker
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks
Whistlin' Dixie in the Nor' easter - Lisa Patton
5. Have patience (See! Already impatient. Needed to add this twice)
6. More family time/less volunteer time - As it is right now, I'm a sorority chapter advisor, alumnae chapter president, have a position on the San Diego Alumnae Panhellenic board, and volunteer with a Labrador Retriever rescue (but not as much presently). And I was in Junior League, which I had to bow out of due to my other obligations. But I need more alone time and family time, and more time to focus on work, which pays the bills and interferes with said volunteering. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but I'm awful at saying no to volunteering. Maybe saying no should be an aspiration...
6. Have a child (or at least more seriously think about it) that isn't completely covered in fur - This one isn't totally up to me, but I'm throwing it on the list anyway. And whose to say that any child we have won't be a bear? Stranger things have happened.
Lots of things to consider, but I have a feeling that 2010 is going to be an amazing year filled with positive change. Happy New Year to everyone and please stay safe tomorrow!